Please support Telehealth.org’s ability to deliver helpful news, opinions, and analyses by turning off your ad blocker.
Many health care entities have asked for additional guidance on how to create a clear, accessible notice of privacy that their patients or plan members can understand. In response, OCR and ONC have provided separate models for health plans and health care providers.
The options they provide include:
- Notice in the form of a booklet;
- A layered notice that presents a summary of the information on the first page, followed by the full content on the following pages;
- A notice with the design elements found in the booklet, but formatted for full page presentation.
- A text only version of the notice.
These recently published resources can be found on the HHS.gov website page called Health Information Privacy. That webpage supplies sample files for providers and health plans.
For more information about the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the Notice requirements, click here.
A covered entity must make its notice available to any person who asks for it.
A covered entity must prominently post and make available its notice on any web site it maintains that provides information about its customer services or benefits.
NPP Provider Files –
- NPP Booklet – HC Provider
- NPP Layered – HC Provider
- NPP Full Page – HC Provider
- NPP HC Provider – Text Version
NPP Health Plan Files –
- NPP Booklet – Health Plan
- NPP Full Page – Health Plan
- NPP Layered – Health Plan
- NPP Health Plan – Text Version
- Health Plan Instructions
- HC Provider Instructions
- Questions and Instructions for using the Model Notices
Introduction to Telehealth Theory & Practice
Enjoy a fast-moving overview of telebehavioral and telemental health. Understand the key points related to telehealth clinical, legal, ethical, technology, reimbursement, social media and other pivotal issues.