Please support Telehealth.org’s ability to deliver helpful news, opinions, and analyses by turning off your ad blocker.
For many patients who experience the burden of high medication co-pays, behavioral clinicians can help find resources to manage those expenses through GoogRx’s new platform for providers. Available to all healthcare providers, the digital healthcare platform was designed primarily for medical offices. While behavioral professionals are most often prohibited from dispensing medication information, sharing medication costs may be allowed by some state licensing boards.
Since June 2021, 850,000 healthcare providers (HCP) have used GoodRx to find their clients’ healthcare information, pharmaceutical prices, and discounts. GoodRx claims to have helped patients save more than $40 billion since its inception as a result of direct consumer response and referrals from professional responses.
Goodrx Launches Provider Mode
GoodRx is expanding its digital healthcare offering with the introduction of Provider Mode. The platform provides customizable tools so professionals can guide their clients through all their healthcare needs. Provider Mode has been well accepted with a 90% opt-in rate since the product was launched in December.
Provider Mode Features
Users can easily access Provider Mode through the web or mobile browser. The platform offers the following distinctive features:
- Cost Compare – a medicines cost comparison tool that offers HCPs information on costs across drug types, zip codes, and pharmacies. This enables providers to find affordable medication for their clients whether or not they are insured.
- Faster Savings – enables healthcare providers to send their patients coupons without sharing their contact information, like email addresses. Coupons help clients to access cheaper prescribed medicines.
- Dashboard – allows providers to quickly access data on frequently used medications and other medical resources without repeating search information.
- Savings programs – find helpful information, advice, and discounts made available by various pharmaceutical brands. In the future, providers will have access to medical reps to receive up-to-date information to inform their clients of new data about their prescribed drugs.
- News Feeds – get relevant, customized healthcare news and views on health issues, financial guidelines, and pharmaceutical information. Healthcare experts provide the content.
GoodRx designed Provider Mode to offer professionals current information on medication prices. It also provides manufacturers access to providers to present up-to-date information on new products, discounts, and more.
GoodRx Strategic Partnerships
In support of its platform, GoodRx develops strategic partnerships with manufacturers. On October 13, the company announced its collaboration with Biogen. The goal of the association is to improve the provider/ patient encounter with the introduction of specialized treatment.
GoodRx is also working on integrating with RxAdvantage and Assistrx to give practitioners access to more than 70,000 pharmaceutical representatives, real-time data on client insurance, medicine prices, and information on pre-authorization, resolving some of the problematic delays of the past. Non-medical healthcare practitioners are encouraged to verify the scope of practice questions with licensing boards if in doubt.
BCTP®-I Telehealth Training & Certificate
Clinicians seeking an orientation to legal, ethical, technical, and clinical issues will find this program a good place to start.