Health care practitioners with an out-of-state license or certification that falls under section 456.47(1)(b), F.S, qualify for an out-of-state Florida telehealth provider registration number when they meet the following requirements:
- Submit the completed Application for Out-of-State Florida Telehealth Provider Registration
- Maintain an active, unencumbered license from another state, the District of Columbia, or a possession or territory of the United States (license verification is required)
- Not have a pending investigation, discipline, or revocation on your license within the last five years
- Designate a duly appointed registered agent for service of process for Florida telehealth communication (the agent’s name must be on the
- Registered Agent Name List maintained by the Division of Corporations)
- Maintain liability coverage or financial responsibility for Florida telehealth services provided in an amount equal to or greater than Florida health care practitioner requirements
- Not open a Florida office or provide in-person health care services to Florida patients
- Only use a Florida-licensed pharmacy, registered nonresident pharmacy, or outsourcing facility to dispense medicinal drugs to patients in Florida (pharmacists only)
- The out-of-state telehealth provider registration is for health care practitioners licensed outside of Florida ONLY.
- Florida licensees can already provide telehealth services to patients in Florida that they can treat in person.
DESIGNATION OF REGISTERED AGENT
Section 456.47(4)(b), F.S., requires Florida telehealth registrants to designate a duly appointed registered agent for service of process. According to the Florida telehealth law:
A registered agent is an individual or entity which is designated to receive legal documents, such as service of process, or other correspondence from the Florida Department of Health. In Florida, the registered agent must be listed under the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations. You must research the right registered agent for you, but we suggest using the Division of Corporation’s database of those who provide this service.
“Authorized representative” means:
(a) In the case of the formation of a limited liability company, a person authorized by a prospective member of the limited liability company to form the company by executing and filing its articles of organization with the department.
(b) In the case of an existing limited liability company, with respect to the execution and filing of a record with the department or taking any other action required or authorized under this chapter:
1. A manager of a manager-managed limited liability company who is authorized to do so;
2. A member of a member-managed limited liability company who is authorized to do so; or
3. An agent or officer of the limited liability company who is granted the authority to do so by such a manager or such a member, pursuant to the operating agreement of the limited liability company or pursuant to s. 605.0709.
Provide the name and street address of the registered agent and their office with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations. The agent’s name must be on the Registered Agent Name List maintained by the Division of Corporations. Changes to the registered agent and/or office after registration must be reported to the department on Form DH5038-MQA.
Name of Florida Telehealth Registered Agent:
Street (cannot be a P.O. Box) Apt. No. ___________________ Florida_________
Florida Telehealth Out-of-State Registration Applications
The application for Out-of-State Florida Telehealth Registration is now available at the Florida Telehealth website. Locate the necessary forms by clicking on the link titled “Documents.” Applications and supporting documents may be sent to one of the following locations:
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin C-11
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1708
For more information, send an email here.
How Can I Legally Practice Telehealth Over State Lines and International Borders?
Practicing telehealth across state lines or international borders? Operate legally & ethically 100% of the time.